Sunday, May 13, 2007

Going Fishing....

I have no clue why I'm thinking about going fishing, I can't stand to touch a worm or any other kind of bait. Then if I should catch a fish I sheik in terror at the thought of having to unhook it.
The only reason I had this thought is because the mural on the Cafe Trieste wall has all these locals at the seashore bragging about their catch.
The only thing (s) I like about fishing is skinny dipping to cool off esp. when we have the lake all to ourselves,or reading a book under a shade tree, and not returning home until it's way after dark.
I don't like cleaning 'em, but I do like catfish and hush puppies, Cole slaw and sun made tea.
Well, now I have talked myself into a good old fashion fish dinner tonight, MM.

10 comments:

Diane Dehler said...

I agree that a cool dip under a moonlight sky sounds more appealing than dealing with the more- shall we say, visceral unpleasantries of fishing. are you referring to that cafe on San Pablo Ave?

Skye said...

Hi! no the one on Market.

The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Here's the key: hang out with someone who does the fishing while you soak in the atmosphere...

Dr. Deb said...

I dislike the worm and hurting the fish, so I avoid fishing. But I could take in the sea, the sun and all the good chatter that comes with the experience of it all.

Neo said...

Sky - I haven't been fishing in about 3 years. But when I did go, it was about 3 times a week. I'd do catch and release off the pier down at the Delaware River. We'd catch Perch, Catfish, and Strippers. We'd get a cash of beer, bring a radio and just chill. Man I miss those times. :(

Have fun with your fish. Hmmmm, that doesn't sound quite right. ;)

Have a great weekend.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

PS. I'll take a shot with my beer. ;>

Skye said...

Ok Neo, let's go, you bring the radio and I'll check you for "Ticks" LOL!!!(())))

Skye said...

Tm'sB, now that's a plan I could stick with. Have a Great weekend!
Dr. Deb. they usually tell me to shutup that I'll disturb the fish. Personally I think the fish are excited to have company. :) Hope your weekend is wonderful. :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi, I didn't even see this post before I put up one on fishing too! I must've been having a clairvoyant moment...

I've quit fishing (used to alot) n eating them too! My pet fish (now swimming in the great beyond) may've helped change how I think of it all-

Skye said...

Snaggle I love going fishing as long as I don't have to get dirty, smelly and I don't have to touch anything with a hook on it.

Rainbow dreams said...

I have friends who fish and dive..though I'd love to dive for the scenery, I couldn't do the killing bit....
skinny dipping - not been there for years... is very enticing... :)