Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Me and Mrs. Robin we got a thang going on...


Yesterday morning I decided to take a different way home, (ok, I got on the wrong bus) anyway, it still got me home but something out of the norm was nice. I walk across the baseball field and the grounds crew is beginning to water the playing field just as the morning sun is popping over the horizon. Then I time my steps with the sprinkler system and escape a shower. Crossing by the police station I wave hello and they wave back. The morning is so nice , quiet and peaceful. Over by the soccer field I start my walk up and over the ivy ladden overpass. I don't go this way at night tooo dark, even now at eight a.m. it's still cool and dark. I make my way towards the house, now I am approaching the guava tree from the other side. Still to far away for Ms. Robin to notice me. Then too she expects me to come home from down the street not to come from behind... Slowly I approach the tree, ducking down behind a car then just when the moment was right I sprung up from beaneath the tree and scared her so bad she dropped a feather. Miss Finch was laughing so hard she nearly fell off the wire. The two morning doves looked up from their meal and just watched. The crows got hysterical finally Ms. Robin got what was coming to her.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Oh the mental vision on this is priceless!

I was just thinking... perhaps if you buy one of those fake owls and put it in the tree, Ms. Robin might be too afraid to land there?

Michelle said...

LOL, Skye you really are too much!

Neo said...

LOL!!!!!!

Bird killer!!!! *nudge*

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Neo said...

Sky - Ya huh!!!! Neo ducks