Saturday, April 01, 2006

We Broke The 1904 Record! Open Up Your Umbrealles!!!


RAIN . Rain and more rain. 25 days of rain we broke our record from 1904. Last look we were at 140% and now we are saturated to the point of hit it boys, "Slip sliding away, the closer to your destination the more your slip sliding away". On our route last night there were some hill sides giving away, but it's early still. Here's a picture of the tree that fell over in the park, barely hanging on by the branch of the other tree. My boots can't handle any more rain soaked nights the soles are cracking and beginning to shred. I better head to Payless in the next day or so cause they say there is "No end in sight". Isn't that lovely, where is my sandy beach? In other news ,they , here is that word again, they, mentioned that the animal rights groups weren't allowed to close to the seal hunt. Today is openning day of salmon season and the dungeous crabs are awful crabby. Everything here has to do with water. hmm. My brain must be drenched, beautiful sunrise but it's diffcult to see with the buckets of rain falling. I wish Mother Nature would start to shut off the faucet. I was thinking, (scary thought) if the sea level rises by 20 feet, then I guess I'll never get my sandy beach, well it won't be where I left it. I'll proably have to wait for time and erosion to crave me a new path down to the next sandy beach. Oh well more pretty glass to collect, I mean clean up off the beach. Ahhh, it's rainning again, what else is new!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, that ground must be really water logged for trees to be falling over. I hope there's none near your house or car.....or YOU!

Anonymous said...

Damn! That was some serious rainfall.

Dr. Deb said...

Blimey.....that's alotta rain.

Neo said...

Sky - Damn! Does it ever stop raining out there or what?

It's raining here in Philly tonite, but we could actually use it. Nothing like the drenching you're getting out there.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo