Friday, May 12, 2006

Quietly relaxing and enjoying the morning and my
cigarette I waited for my friend to meet me as we were going to go to breakfast . It wasn't any different from any other day.
Finally we made it to breakfast and on our way back over to the "Starbucks" a blackbird dive bombed me. "What in this world", I thought as the little critter caught me completely off guard. Then again he circled and began coming back for another attempt at pecking at me. This time I was a little more aware but still startled and I swatted at him missing. The war was on I had swung back at the determined crazed bird. The third time he dared to dive at me again as he came closer the wind from his flapping wings made a terrible humming sound and the wind picked up giving him a turbo boost of engery. I knew what I had to do and there was no time to plann a real stragety. The dirty little bird was aimming his neddle nose beck and into the dive position it went. Just as he aproched and was about to make a direct hit. I smacked him to the ground. Yes I snatched his feathery butt right out of the air. He got up unhurt and flew away and left us alone. "Oh what a day"!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

I know this is not supposed to be a funny story, but I couldn't help myself from laughing... not so much at you being the target, but the way you described taking the bird out. Oh what a day is right!

Have a great weekend!

Mickity said...

These kinds of stories make me afraid to get out of my car when I see flocks of birds flying nearby :-)

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That gave me a scare a bit. It made me remember the movie I saw long long way ago. The title of the movie was "The Birds".

Michelle said...

Geeeez Skye, you have some shocking luck!! LOL, i think you outta stay inside, wrap yourself in cotton wool for a bit :o)

Skye said...

LOL! HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND YA'LL!!! :)

Josh said...

OMG! That is crazy! You are so brave, I think I would have ran. Glad you got the little booger.