Saturday, October 28, 2006

I found this flipping through the "Writer's Yearbook" from 1975. You know if it was our child, our pet, our spouse trying to tell us something we'd listen and do whatever it took to get them well, right? Earth has been trying to tell us she isn't feeling good. So what can I do to make Earth better? To start remember to recycle, reuse and replant. If by some chance you haven't gotten your Halloween outfit together, make one there's plenty of ideas in and around your home and besides being creative is alot more fun and interesting. You also burn some calories applying your brain and the running around making that costume. I thought I'd share this as I've noticed that my hayfever seems to be lasting longer each year. I may be crazy but it seems like with the longer rain seasons all of a sudden every plant bloomed at the same time extending my allergies.

4 comments:

X said...

I've developed allergies....that's never good!

Ellen said...

What a concept: recycle, reuse, replant. Whenever did we forget that? Wasn't it our generation that was supposed to make a difference? Ah well, those greedy 80's got the better of us I guess.

We have had an extended Autumn this year, and the Mums are enjoying their long stay. I'm only too happy for their bounty, but am suffering a stuffed nasal cavity for my greed.

No Halloween costume this year, but I did set up a cemetary in the front yard using some old crosses I made for a party years ago. When all is said and done by tomorrow, down will come the cemetary and be packed away for next year.

Cathy said...

Wow;
the fact that the report was from 1975 is really amazing. The environmental movement has its roots on the west coast and California, so I am not entirely surprised by this, but the foresite is amazing. Of course it is also overly dramatic, but the point is that global warming should be on the forefront of all of our minds. Your Governor is doing a good job of this. Everyone should go and see An Inconvenient Truth as well...
Great post. I'm glad you brought it to my attention.
Cathy1

Skye said...

:)