Friday, October 20, 2006

(part 2)

Gilbert suggested that we recheck our supplies one more time. Ok, I shrugged , proably would be a good idea to refresh our memory on what we brought with us. Any stall for time was welcomed as I had suddenly developed a serious case of cold feet. Marsha wasn't pushing to go in either, usually she'd be the first to make a dare. After openning the canvas bag with the big "G" on it that he borrowed from his Mom, Gilbert began showing us all the contents. Flashlights, rope,first aide kit, and a bunch of other odds and ends. We each had a canteen of water. I looked at my watch, 4 o'clock, "You guys we need to get serious if we really going in there, it's getting a bit windy ". Marsha looked around, "How come it's only windy on this side of the street?" "Huh, Gilbert looked up from his stash of stuff, what do you mean?" I guess I wasn't thinking when I replied, "Oh you know like it only rains on one side of the street Gilbert, you've seen it do that well why couldn't it just be windy on one side of the street." Marsha said something to the effect that there was a wall keeping the wind on this side. Leaving our bikes by the gas street lamp we marched forward into the unknown. The wind began to feel cool on our arms and with the next step Marsha screamed..........................

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Cool!

Snaggle Tooth said...

EEEeeekkk!

The story bug has bitten us again!
Hi there, I'll have more time to blog-cruise now that Neo's off the daily list. I've been reading below a bit-

Fun story. I know there'll be a ghost somewhere...

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Cool story.
I guess Halloween is in everyone's veins at the moment. So much fun.
Have a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

Skye said...

Howdy, snaggle! I was hoping that you'd come by, well don't be a stranger. :) Dr. Deb Hello:) Meow how are you:)