Sunday, August 07, 2005

Dawn to Daybreak!!!

I know why I love to drive , esp. the graveyard shift , it's the quite peacefulness and senerity of being my own Boss. My schedule is nice and flexiable so I can go in when I like (as long as the job gets done ) no one really gives a ..... What I really want to say is; today I went thru several different climates all in eight hours. When I left for work it was cold and windy, by the time I pretriped my vehicle and got to my first stop it was so foggy and damp. An hour and twenty minutes later and on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge it was warm and clear. Two hours down the road it was so cold the windows had condensation on them. I'll be glad when YA'LL cool down so this fog bank won't come in so thick and heavy. This morning was a little "Strange " to say the least. I was coming out of this little town that is tucked away in the hills of Marin county , as I rounded the bend and came up on an animal hospital on the front porch of the pet hospital stood a deer and her fawn. I decided not to awaken my co-worker, cause all he ever says is "unhuh"! I really don't know what to make of it, I simply found it amuseing at three-thrity in the morning. No I wasn't sleep driving either!LOL!! Finally the night began to surrender to a new day, we were in Avalon, not really but it looks like Avalon with the mist cloaking the lake and the mountains. The mallards were jocking for postion in their first water race of the day. The egerts began shifting their legs and searching for breakfast as the light spread on a canvas of twilight. The mist receded from whince it came from as the ball of glowing orange rose out of the eastern sky at that same percise momement a flock of Canandian Geese sounded the alarm that morning had broken and took flight.

No comments: