Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Split shifts suxs

The morning after drinking myself into a Jack Daniels bottle, I feel like one of those little ships in a bottle,5:30 comes awful early in the morning.! Getting out of bed wasn't a problem, I just feel for the ladder and fall out! I have a loft bed to conserve space, I find it's easier than trying to climb out of a futon. So I hit the floor, splat, then I find the bathroom. Ok now what? Oh crap I agreed to come to work, hope I don't have to work when I get there! At 6:58 my boss calls, "You didn't forget did you?" I wanted to drop the phone in the toilet, but since I have already had to have the phone replaced once b/c I left it in my raincoat pocket during a hurricaine and the pocket full of water fryed the radio . I call him back to reassure him I'll be there. I get there now here's what you do, go here here and here it should only be a few hours then you can go. Yeah right, I'm thinking , I'll be lucky if finding the truck only takes me a few hours! So 8 hours later I'm now home in time to unwind , eat and go to bed and go back. Good thing I had no plans for today. It was fun seeing people I haven't seen in awhile.

No comments: