Monday, February 20, 2006

Comparision Test

Want to hear something funny? You know I work the grave yard shift so I don't really see too many people(thank God), anyway so the one day I do see someone they say to me; "Have you been on vacation, you gained weight". If I hadn't been so caught off guard with the first part of their statement I would have responsed more approately. It just amazes me the way people speak before thinking. Could some one explain to me what vacation and weight gain have in common? And of course I've gained weight, my hours I keep aren't healthy nor is my diet right now. I'd never tell anyone how lovely they look since they've put on a few unwanted pounds...If I was all that concerned I'd most likey say, Are you feeling alright or something along those lines, ya know. I must make a list of people to avoid because of their backhanded compliments. I demand feedback, just kidding, say what you wish.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

What a creep! The nerve of people...

Skye said...

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY, thank you Cathy.

X said...

I hatttttttttte stupid people! Who says that and where do they come from? I sayyou kick that person next time you see them :)

That's happened to me soooo many time! The day before I had a hair appointment a while back someone came up to me and said "Wow, your roots are totally long! Are you growing out your hair dye?" I said no I was going to get it fixed tomorrow and then they said "Woah, I would never let it go that long, I don't know how you do it." LOL, Thanks buddy! It's called I work practically 7 days a week. Merrrrrrrr <----sound of frustration.

mere said...

Skye, you crack me up. Okay, first of all, I loved your post about Eve talking Adam into bad business and how women really are the stronger sex ;)
Okay. I understand your confusion regarding the vacation/weight gain equation. I have just figured it out after Cabo. When you go on vacation and start drinking Pacificos at noon and you don't stop til midnight, and then you throw in some poolside cheeseburgers and quesadillas...Let me just say that all of my bitching about my weight gain PRE-Cabo will be nothing compared to my weight gain POST-Cabo. I'm fatter than when I left. Maybe your exchange with the assfuck who said that was based on some vacation experience they had. I hope you smacked them in the head, though. I guess their mama didn't raise them right.
Gonna try to get you more pics tonight!

Skye said...

owwweee! I like the new Betty Boop pic.!

Spider Girl said...

Thoughtless people....

I think the correct etiquette is to never ever say it looks like you've put on weight unless the recipient of the compliment is recovering from a wasting illness.

I used to work night shift years ago. Ugh.

Gretchen said...

People don't think or care what their words will do.

That's why I prefer my dogs. They are always happy to see me and don't care what I look like. My Adonis is thrilled to go for hikes or just to lie on the couch and eat cookies. As long as he's with me, that's all he cares about.