Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sun, Water, Wind

This is the post that goes with the pictures below, I didn't want to mess it all up so I just decided to do it in parts. Monday for me begins on you normal people's Sunday night. I got alotta help from Wendy she let me know when the first raindrop fell up in Northern Ca. and from that point I took in wind speed and distance and tried to figure how long our night should take us. My co/worker is still in awe how we out ran the storm and got our job done without one single raindrop falling on us. Thank you Wendy!!! ***** My friend and I were going to go see Marga Gomez at the Marsh on Monday night. We got the tickets we got all set and ready to go, began to batten the hatches put the rabbit in his hutch covered the parrot. We go to open the garage door and the loudest roar of THUNDER rattled and shook the whole house. Now I'm not easy to scare, the mechanic at work says that I've got nerves of steel, well let me tell ya, that thunder turnned me right into a bowl of jelly. The Wind sounded like a freight train rumbling down the tracks, we just stood there looking at each other with FEAR in both of our eyes. I said wait before you open that garage door, if things are blowing around let's not go. Neither one of us weights a lot and I could just see one of us being sweep up and blown away. So we put on our coats and slowly open the door, the wind whipped right thru us and a tree from the park lay across the road and in the driveway blocking the garage door. we look a little bit then I mentioned something about power lines and we shut the garage door. The rain began coming down in buckets again. I turn around and Tennessee is standing up in his rabbit hutch trying to see what is going on. We go back upstairs and start a fire in the fire place locate all the candles and play canasta. The lights never did go out, although the power did go out for alot of folks. The wind was clocked at 71 mph. Trees came down all over the place, the rivers are holding their own for now and the flood warnings have been cancled. We aren't out of the danger yet a tornado was spotted up near Sacramento. This storm is only in a break period for right now. The clouds are getting black and heavy looking again , well a good night for pool.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, sounds as tho you were lucky not to get blown away!
Best wishes for tonight ;)

Skye said...

Thank you! :-)

Cathy said...

Bad weather can be very scary and dangerous. Trust me, I know.
I am glad you are dry and safe.
Sounds like playing pool indoors is the right idea.

Skye said...

Cathy, the best part is we're at our home bar so it's only a couple of blocks from home. :-)

Neo said...

Sky - Geez! What's up with your weather out there?

Keep safe!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

X said...

Holy crap! I don't know what it is with mother nature, but we sure are pissing her off lately! Stay safe and warm! I send you hugs! :)

Skye said...

Thanks Ya'LL! I got good vibes from all of you and won a game! yeah! :)

mere said...

Wow, stay safe, Skye! I have to admit, I LOVE crazy weather!!!

Skye said...

Oh, you do do you? :))))))

Wendy C. said...

Glad I could help!
It sounds like things got CRAZY down there! You all be careful - I don't want you to end up a story on FARK!
I can see the headline now, " Transportation Goddess blown 40 meters in 70MPH winds... found still clutching her pool stick!"

:-)

It scares me too!

Skye said...

Wendy, that's exactly how I want to be buried with my pool stick!!! (and a six pack) LOL!!!