Thursday, March 09, 2006

Cornbread And Chicken

I had the strangest dream the other night. It started with me getting a brand new spankin' rig, all mine, mine, mine... No one was to even lean on it or sit in her. They had a big meeting and that was the final word and it was chiseled in concrete, so there it was mine! I was speechless as I stood at the table and accepted my award, the keys. All I could say was "I wanted to thank God and my Mamma and I owed all of this to cornbread and chicken cause "Where I Come From" . Then they took me outside and presented the truck to me. I wanted to cry but I fought back the tears and unlocked her and fired her up. Oh, my Gawd! She roared Loud and Proud every car parked within twenty feet of her began cheering with their alarms. I looked over the dashboard sparkling and glistening just the way I like it. AM, FM, CB and a weather channel, it was so beautiful . Then I got out and looked at the paint job, that's when I knew I was totally in love with her. Baby blue metallic she looked like a cloud floating down the highway. My alarm clock went off and just like that she was gone.~~~

8 comments:

X said...

One day...it WILL happen! :)

Michelle said...

Dont'cha hate that! I agree with leftfield, it WILL happen one day :o)

Wendy C. said...

That is a great dream...and somewhere in the universe, you DO have a new truck!!!

Have a great day!!!

Dr. Deb said...

I hate when dreams like that end and I realize it was a DREAM!

Cathy said...

May your dreams some day come true..SkyeBlue :)

Diamond said...

I do sooooo hope your dream comes true someday, and that when it does, it also happens here too.

Skye said...

Thank you all. When it does happen I'll come by and show you in person! xoxo's

Gretchen said...

Sounds like a super dream!!!