Sunday, September 11, 2005

Another Day in Pleasant Valley!

This is a day to write home to Ma about! I've been waiting for this day since 1982! Of course now the postage isn't the same as then, and I can actually save a stamp and e-mail Ma. Ok, here is how the day went down. I get in from work relax for awhile, catch a nap and around 1p.m. I was good to go out and party. My girl is in a pool tourament with a cash purse of $200.00. Finally I manage to make my way over to watch the final rounds. "Damn she is Good".She made this one shot that I was wondering if the cue ball would clear the 7 ball. Not only did she clear the 7 but hit the rail and come back up to hit the 6 and put it in the pocket. She went on to qualify for the next tourament in a few weeks. So I make it there and immediately I order a drink , my lucky day, write your name down and put it in the barrel if drawn you'll get a free drink. The Busty BarTender pours my Merlot and the sound of wine filling up the glass is like a symphony in my ears. I'm watching the pool match the tennis match the 49'ers pertty much all at the same time.I'm not thinking about any one particular thing , no focus here just pure and simple enjoyment. Then out of no where the Bar tender calls out my name. Oh my God I've won a free drink!WOO-HOO! The second glass of Merlot was better than the first glass. OH! what a wonderful day.

No comments: