Sunday, September 25, 2005

Michele the Slut From Hell!

She was a quite cat never got into any fights very peaceful and loving. My opinion too loving. My other cats knew the word no and they would voice their feelings loud and distinctly. Michele was on outward appearances was timid (or so I thought), little did I know when she moved in with us, (me and the other two cats),that Michele lived a secret life she was a slut. She was different from all the other cats in the trailer park, a brown tortoise shell with just enough orange in her coat to make her a Halloween calender kitty. Maybe this was the reason all the males sought her attention every night. After dinner there'd be a scratching at the screen door, my trailer was so small that one step and you were half way through it. I get up to see who was at the door as if it might be a real person scratching! It was Boots, solid black except for his four white boots, which he kept perfectly clean. I thought he'd stop by for dinner, nope , came calling on Michele. Boots wouldn't enter he'd calmly wait out side until Michele was ready to go out. You'd think she was in the bathroom putting on makeup or something when she'd make her grand appearance she'd have I swear it looked like she had gotten into my mascara. Those eyelashes of hers would flutter and bat as if she was Scarlet O'Hara. I 'm not sure if her and Boots ever got together but they would go to the neighborhood gathering together. My other two cats were perfectly happy watching tv and staying in the yard. I don't think they ever got invited to hang out with the locals. Just before daylight Michele would climb in through a window and when I 'd awake she'd be sleeping on the rug. Then one day I noticed Michele had put on some pounds and she wasn't going out every night. I didn't say anything, what can you say any way? One night while at work my best friend calls and tells me that Michele is giving birth what did I want to do? Where, I said, where is she birthing these babies? In the bathroom, Bobby told me. Thank God, ok that's nice. I'll deal with it when I get home, I was about to leave work anyway but now I had to get baby food for kitens. I get home and I start counting the little heads, one two ...nine of them babies she had, Michele looked at me as if to say;"Is that all".The interesting part is when the earthquake happened, Michele had hid the babies one by one. I had just looked in on them about four thirty, thirty minutes before the earthquake all nine were in the box. I went to check on them afterwards and there were no babies in the box. Chyrlser and Popcorn were inside whinning terribly. I went inside to calm and reassure them and myself because everyone in the trailer park was behaving strangely. I go back outside and I see Michele bringing the babies back to the box one by one all nine of them and she counted them when she was done. Michele might have been a slut but she was a damn good mother.

1 comment:

The Unknown said...

"Michele might have been a slut but she was a damn good mother."
Sounds like my mother.
love