Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Company Picnic.


Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2005, today is the company picnic, I should go but I don't feel like playing volleyball with anyone. Main reason I'm not going is there won't be no beer! That in it's self is a double negative. Also I don't eat other people's cooking that has sat out for awhile in the open. Then again maybe I will go because one of my roommates broke the toliet and neither one of them is telling. Doesn't matter who broke it, just fix it, "NOW". I should go get dressed before the stranger with the crack shows up. I wonder how they apply for a plumber job? They must model they're bednding over view, "Nope, next" , "Would ya look at the size of that crack on him, you're hired." I wonder if plumbers have fears? I wonder if they look forward to returnning to certain addresses? I know when I was married , Brad ,(he was a tree surgeon), would tell me about this one lady who would call him regularly to have her bushes worked on.At the time I was young and dumb! Today the radio station is giving away tickets for Cirque whichever, so maybe I'll try and win , this should be an all day affair. I'll win the tickets, put them away so I don't lose 'em and when Nov. 11th. gets here I won't be able to locate 'em. This weekend is the big tourament for $2000, smak-a-roo's. I 've even requested the weekend off so I could go and watch Andrea play against some real pro's. (and I wanted to make sure the money got home safely), now she tells me she would just be wasting her entry fee because everyone playing is sssooo much better than her. Well, ok, I reply, after all you know your playing level better than I. Nothing ventured is nothing gained. That purse would go along way toward acheiving your goals and it would be quite the boost in the butt in the savings account. I go and watch her play once in awhile but since I work nights it's hard to sit and watch and stay awake. If I'm playing that's a whole 'nother story, I prepare myself for my matches and I stick to my routine. I try not to allow outside sources interfere with my psyche on pool night . I now must go and medicate, oops, I meant meditate. 4-0 tonight, 4-0 tonight ,4-0 tonight. Where are my ruby red slippers?

3 comments:

Beth said...

A tree surgeon? Is that a glorified "landscaper"? I have never heard of this. I am intrigued.

Skye said...

Beth, yes it is and I've learned that a 5'2" size person can pull down a very tall pine tree.(if the rope is in the right place) It's not all diggin' holes and installing water systems.

Crystal said...

Company events always make me quesy.