Sunday, September 18, 2005

Maybe today.

The last two days I've had these wonderful subjects to amble on aimlessly with no real destination in mind, however, by the time I work all night come home and clean up after the two Numb and Number,( because they both are "LOST" in their on worlds) I have totally 409'ed my mind and can't remember any of the subjects. One was I was planning on keeping a log of how things are progressing for the big day* that just seemed like a good thing to do right then. The other was I got this radically 3-D virtual pool game and I've been trying to learn the keyboard menu, not an easy as it sounds task for me. I'm much better at taking a carborator apart and rebuilding it . And then there was this Grande argument and it didn't matter how stubborn I was I still didn't win. Throwing the questions back never works for me, I am no good at arguments. Four years ago I decided that I would rather be alone than have any one to care about or care about me. Two years ago I thought I was so happy, then I saw the vision. It was only a brief quick glimpse of beauty beyond compare to any body I'd ever met in my life. Then just that quickly they were out of sight. Poof! Days go by, the winter rain sets in, people don't wear clothes durring this season you just wear raingear. I was returning from the Haight- Ashbury store when I saw the vision again (in a rain poncho that made 'em look like an Angel) I work to hard I thought to myself as we are waving to each other at the same time. The rain suddenly stops and the next two weeks are clear dry and blue. My days off come and go and all I can think about is this Angel, my vision, I have got to meet 'em. The next time I'm at work I was backing the tractor/trailer into the dock, I looked up there they were, OMG! What gear am I in, which way am I going, why can't I think, focus, I can't remember what I'm doing!!! That's it I decided I can't go around being distracted . It's amazing how a few seconds can suddenly turn into an eterinity finally I get the truck parked. The little end of my boot lace gets stuck in the metal grid of the steps by the driver door, I nearly fall out of the truck right in front of 'em. That was all the time I was allowed to make my great introduction now they've gone, poof! The next day I just happened to be out front on the sidewalk having a smoke, actually I was waiting in hopes that this would be the day I really get to meet 'em. No such luck, I'm too early or they are late for work. I go inside to get my next assignment as I'm walking down the ramp to the truck I look up and they say, "Hi, I'm a girl." which I reply , "I know that." I am trying to be cool and collective about my witts so I say,"What radio station do you listen to mostly?" Had I really wanted to impress I would have said did you bring your lunch today? Unfortunately I have a brain that only functions when the truck is in gear!!! Don't ask me for directions if I am standing, because I have no clue unless I have a steering wheel in my grip. After days of meeting for coffee breaks and a smoke we finally set up a real date. HA HA! this is funnier than I first thought. I haven't worn any thing other than pants , jeans and a T-shirt and a very long while. The day finally arrives for the first date, I borrow a jean skirt from my friend put on make up even yes nylons and heels. I take one step and back into my tennis shoes I retreat, the heels go in my back pack for later . I get to their apartment exactly at 9:45 a.m. ( I am never on time for anything). They buzz me into the bulding, the third floor, that is alot of stairs. Ten o'clock we leave to go to have coffee and then on to court. Our first date was getting her named changed. It has now been two years later, It seems like yesterday still, life isn't easy no matter who you are and being with someone you love and they love you makes life easier to deal with, knowing that your coming home to that special someone. The big day is yet ahead and each day is new expirence for both of us. We just say thanks and hold on tightly .

No comments: