Friday, December 09, 2005

"Cold, Honney You Don't Know Cold"

This is Lee Vining,Ca. this is where my brakes froze up and I dang near got frost-bite in my feet trying to get the bus mobile and get my passengers to Reno where it was nice and warm. Now that's a trip I'll never forget!!
I'm kinda in a funky mood today, I really should get some sleep. Last night was hell on wheels. My dewonderful delovely deside kick was making enough noise to wake the dead. I enjoy working the g/y shift b/c it is (((((Q U I T E))))))) until my side kick shows up and then their goes the neighborhood!Slam bang over and over and.... I got even with him later on , I put the radio on all talk and over and over the same news . Then he has the nerve to say to me that it's "Cold, I can't work in the cold". I was somewhere between slave driver and furious. "Of course you're cold, you show up do two minutes of work, fall asleep wake up only when I put the air brakes on, oh the lights are bothering you, invest in a pair of sunglasses all the rockstars wear 'em.) What I really said was; "You don't know cold, there are people right now as we work that are shivering in below freezing temps." Where? Let's see pick any state. So he sees this as a game to waste time and stands there in 46* weather shaking like a chicawawa w/o a sweater. Mind you he has on four layers of clothing , I'm in a t-shirt and I can feel the sweat on my temples beginning to trickled down the side of my face. "Fort Worth, me 26*. Evanston, Indiana , me 18. I'm beginning to like this game because I'm impressed he knows real names to real towns.I see him thinking, sifting from foot to foot. "Ok I got one you won't know, he shouts. How much money you got on you, I ask. "Kansas City". 17* Any other questions? We finish up and get back in the truck. The news is doing the weather, I swear you'd think the news people have me wired so what do they report on the low temperatures from around the nation. My worker goes, "You already heard it." Huh? I was out there with you , there was no radio ."

4 comments:

Anhoni Patel said...

I'm surprised you didn't lose your mind!

Skye said...

CAME EVER SO CLOSE!

The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Hey SkyBlue,

I'm an itsy bits tipsy, but, if I read this right...you were in Indiana? Okay, if you get to Minneapolis, would you look me up PULLLEEEZE...or call or something. Okay, I should just e-mail regular, I'll figure it out...

best, andrea

Skye said...

No, I never actually left Ca. however I did leave my state of mind someplace. By all ways and means if I get out of this state I will definently give you a call.