Saturday, December 17, 2005


It began rainning at percisely 9:45a.m. how do I know that I was on my way home when a big splat of rain nearly knocked me out. See, I was a weather lady in a previous life, and people, friends, co-workers think I'm insane when I tell'em, "Hmm, we're in for a change in the weather. Smells like rain". Now on the news last night they said it wouldn't happen untill 6 a.m. Sunday . I told my helper , they're wrong we might not get thru tonight w/o getting soaked. Oh no he argued they said Sunday. Fine, have I ever been wrong? No, ok then who ya gonna believe, me or someone ya don't even know? -------- While he's sleeping and I'm driving I'm looking at everything, my gauges, the traffif , mirrors, the trees, watching for animals crossing the road, the moon, the clouds , changes in the outside temperature, how a few leaves slowly drifting off a tree suddenly turns into the whole tree is necked. Sooo, we get back to the yard , dock the trailer, get out say hello's and leave, the second we stepped onto the sidewalk splat right on our heads. Tonight will be interesting,cold,wet and slick. I wish my tractor was ready, they pulled it out of service thanks to the skunk smell!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skunk smell? lol Explain the skunk smell.

Skye said...

Ruben dear, you have to read "Late night/Coffee post" I can't go thru it all again,hahaha...

Cathy said...

This is a handy skill! :)

Skye said...

Cathy, yes esp. when one has worked outside for the last seven years.