Saturday, December 10, 2005

Late/Night Coffee

Let's see where shall I begin this woeful tale.... I could start at the beginning, the end, oh! how about the middle that seems about right, this way I could go either direction from there! I get to work, no sign of anyone that is suppose to be ridding with moi! No problem, (maybe I get a break). Someone comes and goes, another someone comes and goes, I finish fuelling the tractor,fine tune the setup and pull out front, do my paperwork. Finally, here he comes. My when we know we are "LATE" we have a tendcy to be NICE!
"Could we pullease stop and get coffee first?" Ok, another ten minutes wasted. It has now been an hour since I got to work. Coffee in hand he climbs back in and says,"There's a bad snow storm all over the nation". I almost inhaled my whole cigarette. Regaining composure I mmhmm.Why encourage him I'm thinking. Then when I feel safe enough to relax a little bit, he blurts;"Do you think that's why the plane went off the runway"? Ok the game is on,"Have you ever driven on black ice"? No I don't think so, why?Well if you'd had believe me you would never have forgotten it. I left it at that, I can not explain to someone who has no clue anyway. The night went fairly well on a scale of 1-10, it was maybe a four. I forgot to mention the best part in all his making noise he finally did it, he woke the dead! At 5:15 a.m. he dropped one box too many and the cutes little black kitty with a white stripe down her back walked directly over to him and let him have it! I was already in the cab and was looking out of the mirror when it all went down. I tried hard not to laugh and was it ever hard not to say "See I told you this would happen." I know no-one will use my tractor today. I need to get rest and get sic for tomorrow. Big big pool tourament at Jillian's, this one is the one that qualies you for the West Coast Challenge in Long Beach Jan.2006.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

gotta hate bad work days. Good luck pool shark.

Using up the words.... said...

Hey... thanks for stoping by!

Hope the pool is all good, and you make it through.

I'll catch up on it all when I get back.

Wendy C. said...

Can't wait to see how it goes!
Give 'em hell!

Anonymous said...

Bad work days for me turn into bad work years. lol I hate my job so bad that I almost have a stroke every time I get off the elevator to go into the office.

Anhoni Patel said...

How you do stay up all night?