Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I go out today and I'm suppose to meet my best friend to place some flyers up at different bars to let people know of our friends farewell celebration next week. The sky is threathen to bust loose at any moment. I dress for a major storm, ball cap so I can see if it should rain my glasses won't get wet, raincoat with hood in case the wind with gale force winds whip thru, my umbrella (that I wasn't aware when I left home that it was broken) that matches my raincoat and ballcap. God forbid if I didn't co-ordinate my attire. This is what takes up most of my time getting ready to go any place. Ok, moving on, I'm ready to go outside after six phone calls from my friend that went something like this: "What's the weather like there? Getting ready to pour, OK, I'll call you back." Finally two hours later than planned we begin to converge toward the agreed meeting place. My phone rings. "Where are you? 16th and Sanchez, you've got to see this HUGE SNOWGLOBE! Where is it? 16th and Sanchez. Where are you? "At the Mix" Well why don't I meet you at Moby Dick. 16th and Sanchez why don't you meet me at Moby Dick. Ok, I'll meet you there. We arrive there at the same moment, this is a miricale in itself as I am prone to meandger and smell the roses along the way but today I was messerized by the HUGE snowglobe. The best way to describe it is the episode of "Friends" where Elaine is starring at the tires going around and around. There I was watching the snow flakes drift down onto the snowball family singing "Let it Snow". We hook up and pass out the flyers then we head over to the Pilshner for a few games of pool and a cold one. It hasn't began to rain just yet so after awhile we return to the Mix where the drinks and food flowed freely. People showed up and the place was packed both inside and out, I saw folks that I honnestly haven't seen in years. This was truly a day in Heaven.

8 comments:

Neo said...

Sky -Hope you didn't get too wet. Pool and beer sounds good. Maybe I should ditch the job this morning. ;)

Skye said...

Me? I'm 2317.5 miles away!!! LOL! ok c'mon Neo!

Wendy C. said...

Merry Christmas to you! Having a life outside of an office cubicle sounds like great fun...ooops! "boss" is coming...I'd better look busy!

Anhoni Patel said...

what? where? I haven't seen it?!

Skye said...

Anhoni Patel - It's at 16th and Sanchez in front of a pet store.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe your only just now seeing one of those things. there all over this town, at least they WERE until i went nuts, and stabbed all of them in the night!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i'm talking about the giant snowglobe!!!!!
sorry bout that

Skye said...

Susie it was big enough that I could have gotten in it and had fun in the snow and looked really stupid! hahahahaaha