Friday, January 27, 2006

Jet Airliner

"as I get on the 707 ridin' high I get tears in my eyes" The Steve Miller Band , "Jet AirLiner" One lonely night the phone rings , I don't recognise the voice. I'm cautious to a point , but I was also wanting to get out of this bad situation . I'm your sister, yeah right, if your my sister why'd your ever let them take me, You were suppose to protect me, not hand me over willingly. I need proof. Low and behold, she did have the secrect proof. One thing lead to another and soon she would be arriving at Hartsville Airport, we made plans to meet. I'm thinking how am I going to recognise her, well that was the easy part, we're the spitting image of each other. Time came for her to return to San Francisco. There's really nothing here for me, I'm thinking, so in a nutshell I made my decision to go . Dec. 31 st. 1981, the wings were icing up, we were to be the last flight out due to an ice storm sweaping across the South, the pilot gave us the chance to stay or go ,we all chanted go. All across the nation as we crossed the time zones, the flight attendants brought out a new bottle of champange. I've never once regretted my decision. It's strange how life plays out, who would ever have guessed I'd had so much courage and strenght to make a decision by myself. Finally , just a footnote, 20 years later, I've got my self esteem back. :)

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Hooray for you! Self esteem is so important, it really can define who we are :)

Bar L. said...

Thanks for the nice comment about my cute nephew - it led me to your blog and I love it! I am bookmarking it to come back and read later when I have the time to really get into it. :)

Skye said...

Cool! Thanks ,bar bar a. :)

Wendy C. said...

High Five!!
You don't ever need to be anything other than what you are! Here's to peeling off the layers!!

If I was there, and had some champagne handy, I would clink glasses with you!!!

Skye said...

Oh, I do like the sound of bubbly!! :)

Skye said...

Michelle, Thankyou for hanging in there for all 3 parts :). Self esteem is something that is so deliecate and fragile, and it was hard for me to reclaim and rebuild my life. I wonder, if that was what the rhythm Humpty Dumpty was all about? Anyway, many thanks. skye

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Just saying HI, and thanks for coming to my blog. Sorry I haven't been to yours for awhile. Seems I have moments where I just don't know what to say on people's comments. Enjoying your blog, though. Take care, Meow

Skye said...

Meow, I sometimes have that ocurr. :)

Skye said...

Thank you, very much. :)