Wednesday, January 25, 2006

"Somewhere Out There" by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram

My cat Chyrsler looked like this one but Chyrsler would never ever have shared anything with a bird much less a Mockiing bird or a Bluejay. Oh sure they'd been invited to dinner and the little trophies would have been displayed as a warning to future featherd friends that would have had misplaced trust. Chyrsler would hide in the corner of the garage and wait until an unsuspecting bird would wander up the driveway as they neared the front wheels of the truck she'd make this sound from the back of her throat to warn them to "Halt, Come no Futher", if they ingored the one and only warning their feathered ----- were hers. At first I was horrified at the carneiage . Then my friend reminded me that it was a survial of the fitess sort of thing. Well whatever, but does she have to be so "Wicked" about it, I'd wonder.
Then in '90, we were planning a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Chrysler was relaxing on my motorcycle seat, just kicking back and admireing her image in the right mirror and as I walked by her with a suitcase I swear she said my name. Again my friend told me I was Crazzzzy cat's don't talk, well they don't bark either but that's the noise she'd make at the birds. One night it was cold foggy damp and almost rainning, I'd been out on the road for a few days and I'd tried calling home with every chance I 'd get, no answer. Finally, I get hold of my friend, my first question was , "Where's Chyrsler?" No answer, silence, I ask again, this time my friend said "Are you sitting down?". "We can't find her and it's getting late." "Don't close the door on her keep searching I said, she's close by just don't close the door." I came in the next mornning it was too quite . A spooky kind of quite the one where you already know but you don't have the details and you pray that you're feelings in you're gut are wrong. Chyrsler was named after the type of car she was found in and it was a Ford that did her in. She had climbed into the motor area to stay warm that night. We rushed her to the vet. they could try and make a wheelchair contraption for her but her quality of life would be overwhelmly reduced. We'd have to help her with every aspect of living from eating to going to the bathroom. This was the hardest decision I'd ever had to make so far. I spent some time with her kissing her head, she lifted her right paw up to me and softly meowed my name. I knew she was telling me it was ok. I kissed her one more time and heard her purr as she difted away. I'm sorry , I have tears streaming down my cheeks as I type this and it's been 15 years later. Everytime I hear the song "Somewhere Out There" by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram , I cry and say I pray for Chyrsler cause I know we're wishing on the same bright star.

9 comments:

Diamond said...

Hi Sugar - This one really got to me. Just put down a mini doxie that had been with me 17 years. So very sorry you had to go through this babe.

Thanks for the comment on my site - maybe you are the twin I've been looking for - my next one is about a Southern Viking, some State Troopers and a gun - does that sound familiar - maybe you were there in spirit?! LOL

Cathy said...

Oh my god; losing a pet is so sad; more thing...

Also, I wanted to know what your idea was that you had mentioned the other day...

Skye said...

Debby, no, but I had a run in with a Ca. Highway patrolman, I had to make him promise not to shoot me while I reached into the backseat for my purse. No twin but I do have a sister someplace we were separted right after I was born.*******************************Cathy, I was just wondering well could you email me some time I need to get my thoughts together before I ask you any questions. a day or so would be fine.

Skye said...

Hey Sherry, thanks for stopping by. :)

Tai said...

Oh MY...that cat looks SO much like my gorgeous old Bentley.

I just lost Bentley in November, I grieve still.

"Somewhere Out There." Yeah, that catches in the throat.

I hope Bentley and Chrysler are hangin' out there somewhere together...they have to be, right? They both have car names.

:(

Skye said...

Tai, I'm sorry, you're right the two of them are having good times. I like Bentley what a cool name , very arisocrate.

The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Oh Sky Blue,

Oh, the worst part of pet ownership, when they leave you. What a lucky kitty she was to have you as a momma for 15 years. I understand why you still cry.

Best...

Skye said...

Thank you

Skye said...

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make any one cry. Blame it on the rain.