Monday, January 30, 2006

Driving along on the frontage road barely doing 25 mph. Something flashes and out of the corner of my eye there she is keeping up with me . Giving me that look, instinctly, I knew she was going race me. No, sorry you've got me mistaken for someone else . This back road is often used for drag racing . She kept glancing at me, I was starting to get nervous. All to soon the road turns into the freeway, I was concerned that she would try and cut me off, forcing me into evasive action. I drop back ever so slightly, matching me stroke for stroke, as I slowed so would she. Exhaust rising up in the cold night like billows from a chimney, drifting , blending and surrounding us like a milky blanket. The dynamics between us was mounting, never taking my eyes off the road. My air compressor released the excess air, it was if someone had fired a start gun the race was on cutting me off diagonally. I could see her breath as she exhaled with every stride . Through my windshield I could see her face . Turnning her head and looking directly at me. Yes, you live to see another sunrise , I say to her as she disappears into the darkness of the night.

12 comments:

Neo said...

Sky - You should have flipped her the finger and floored it! ;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Skye said...

Neo, Honney, I drive a tractor trailer how do you expect me to floor that thing? LOL!! :}

Jinsane said...

Hot 18-Wheelin' Mama!

P.S. You've been tagged! Check out my past post for details!

Skye said...

Tagged cool! :}

Diamond said...

A deer? If so, I came within inches of tagging one myself last night in a parking lot. There were about nine or ten of them off to the side and this one definitely wanted to be with them.

The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Honey, You are one f**king kick-ass writer; that was a fabulous read...you totally painted a picture in my mind...I saw the action...that, my lovely Skyblue, is writing at its best! Man, I love reading your stuff!

Michelle said...

I agree, you are one cool writer...that was a brilliant read!

Foxy said...

thanks for stopping by- i agree, very good writer. :)

Anonymous said...

Very descriptive.

Skye said...

Gee, you all have me blushing, thank you all very much.

Mickity said...

Ha - you gotta love the morons on the road, eh? It's a wonder any of us survive.

Skye said...

Hey Mickity ! :)