Saturday, October 22, 2005

"The Adventures Of FatBoy"

"Git down off the couch, did you hear me?" FatBoy! Just look what you've done to the blinds! Ohhh! Stop being so cute, can't you see I'm MAD at you?" FatBoy jumps off the couch, spins and darts from living room to the kitchen and back up on the couch and barks at me. "Woof woof woof woof! "What did you say? Woof woof. No way! You've got paw prints on my satin pillows, and look now there is this tear in it. WOOF! I suppose you're proud of yourself. Leaping off the couch and running down the hall barking all the way back to me , FatBoy can't control his excitement any longer. He begins scratching at the door. I look out the window of the door. OMG! How did I ever sleep through all of this commotion? The guy next door is having his mobile home hitched up and pulled out of the trailer park. "Arrughhmmgh." "No you're not going out there can't you see those guys got it jack knifed and stuck. Arrughhmmgh. Not even on the leash. Arrugh! He flings his body onto the cushion of the couch. I've ruined his whole day. Now he'll have nothing interesting to tell the other dogs about, how could I be so mean. I can't stand to see a grown dog cry so I give in to his demands and put him outside on the leash. Now the incessive barking really begins, this was the reason I was holding back on letting him out. I 've actually seen squirrls throw nuts down on him to get FatBoy to shut up. It would work until he'd finish the nut and bark and demand more nuts! It was FatBoy who managed to get the squirrls in my neighborhood to become nocturnal, it was the only way they could get out of the tree and across the yard safely. The guys moving the moblie home glance over at FatBoy, I know what they're thinking make that dog shut up. Sure enough one of them says it, "Hey Lady, can ya keep that dog quite?" C'mon FatBoy let's go for a walk. Taking FatBoy for a walk is very commical in it's own rights. It's like being the Pied Piper with out the rats. Nikki leads the way , then me and FatBoy and comming with us today will be Nosiey bringing up the rear. Doesn't matter which way we go we still have to pass by the trailer guys and as we do so both Nikki and FatBoy let out some kinda barking fit . Whatever it was those two were hystrical about it. Looking back at Nosiey she's flicking her tail at them as she passes by. The trailer guy has his hat off scratching his head. Our trailer park was next to a canal that eventually fed into the Sacramento River. In the Summer it would be dry enough you could walk in it , as Fall would approach they would let off water from Shasta Damn and the canal would fill up. This water was COLD! Nikki got in it once , she never got in it again too cold for her. We spent about an hour walking around, finally the sound of a truck moving slowly and yes the trailer in tow. FatBoy saw a chance to get the last word in as the trailer approached us. "WOOF woof wooof wooof ahhhwoof."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good story. It's a good thing that my dogs are too short to jump on the furniture.