Saturday, October 08, 2005

Maybe Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer

Just wait an hour and it'll be which ever season you prefer. Last night while going to work, it was cold and windy that lasted until about Noon today over at the flag post the wind has died down considerably from what it was very early this morning. I love this time of year for several reasons. I like it when the seasons change , the air seems so crisp and fresh. My favorite is being outside with the wildlife, the deer and the raccoons stroll by while I'm working in hopes that I've got something for them. I leave my goodies in the truck locked up . We have some large ravens and they remind me of Heckle and Jeckle the cartoon crows. One night a paper bag got out into the parking lot and this one raven hopped over on one foot sneaking up on it I suppose. I decided to take a break and watch the show. He gets up to the back of the bag and jab's at it, the bag moves, he hops back and waits. There is nothing in this bag but one can't be too cautious . After ten minutes of sneaking up and jabbing the bag repeatly he goes around to the front of the bag. His friend has been watching all of this commotion and now that it seems harmless joins him. You could almost hear their conversation, "I'm not sticking my head in there you stick your head in the bag. No, go ahead it's safe I'll be right here. Just hop on up and run in." These two ravens play with this bag for quite awhile, finally, the orignal raven gets up his nerve and gets in the bag. Now the fun really begins, he's acting like he can't get out! His buddy hops over and watches closely, "Are you alright?" The bag rattles, "I said , are you alright?" The raven now has the bag upright with him walking around so all you really see is a walking moving bag. Everytime his buddy would get close to him ,he'd hop making the bag move and his buddy would freak out. I guess he'd had enough fun so he flips the bag over and exist cawing loudly. Only thing I could make out was,"Gotcha".

No comments: