Thursday, October 13, 2005

Halloween Pictures

Ya know, I just wanted a Halloween picture, but everything I looked at scared the liven crap out of me. On top of I got to go to work later. I was going get a Halloween mask the other day but they look too life like, believe me on this I work at NIGHT outside OK? You daytime people don't SEE the real homeless, loveless people that Only come out at night. Next time you have the chance to go to a movie at night be aware of your surroundings, you'll see what I'm saying. Please understand from right here I am not making fun of the less fortunate. Sometimes I think, they must have a death wish, in the middle of the street one leg missing or rolling around in a wheelchair while cars and large vehicles fly pass them proably not even seeing them. There's this one to me, she reminds me of a trantrulator , all in black low to the ground and moves slowly and deliberately in that wheel chair. Mind you I'm NOT scared easily , ok sometimes I get jumpy but that cause my helper sneaks up on me and never speaks as he 's walking up I turn around and there he is---------DANG say something, wait a minute I got to wait for my heart to restart. This one night some crazy man came running up to me demanding I have sex with him, (Uh Hello, I'm the wrong person) he says "I got a knife, I say so I got a mache! He says get up by the wall, I say, you pull it out and you can kiss it goodbye. I don't recommend everyone have this type of confrontation, you're actually better off ignoring them or mumble hi and keep going quickly. I like to vary my routine, back when I was a rookie at this job, I was as predictable as a clock. I had one homeless guy tell me ,"You must have been on vacation?" Why's that? "Cause I haven't seen you in two weeks." Point here is, ok so they aren't in a home of their own, but don't underestimate them. I saw one sitting by a wall at Starbucks yesterday with a Nice laptop . I don't know if it worked or if he was just typing to mess with people's minds. Then there was this guy who everyday would "Bless " my truck by throwing oranges on it, everyday. I swear to the powers that be this was his reply when I questioned him one morning,"Why do you do that? Orangcha having a good day!" I deserved it I had to ask. Oh no I got to get ready for the night shift now, ok so I'll leave you with this old saying,"May you always get what you desire and not what you deserve." I'll try and keep it safe for all of you again tonight. Good night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't work too hard and try not to let the drama bother you. Just let it roll off your back.

Tracy said...

I really like your site! I love taking pictures, but really don't want to be in them! Hope you don't mind if I check your site every now and again! Thanks

Skye said...

Thanks Ruben. Not at all, Tracy. Thanks for swinging by.

Mickity said...

Well, at least it's keepin' you on your toes. Jeez-o-man! I have to say, I'm glad I'm not dealing with the orange thrower :-)