Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I wonder what it would be like to behave like this?

Wouldn't it be fun to go on vacation with a bunch of friends and behave like these girls! This is a real postcard from 1950'ish. I can't imagine wearing that much clothing. I wonder if they used coppertone? I think I need more coffee, or I mixed to many different types of drinks last night . Let's see I started with Wild Turkey with honey, umhmmm, then I was having a cranberry with Skyye, next was a double shot of Peach snophs,chased by a smurfoff Ice. Then to end the night came the drink that the bartender puts a flame to. I'm suprised I'm not in a comma some place. Somewhere in there was a shot of Catus juice. You know if I can remember all of that I wonder who it was under the table, well it certainly wasn't me!!! I'm hunger now I have this overwhelming desire for surf and truff, whatever that might be.... I wonder , oh gawd help me!! I wonder what ya get when you mix gator with python? Some silly python ate an alligator. Check it out over at the Miami Herald. I'll just be more carefull the next time I say "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse" which I wouldn't but whatever. Ok shut up Skye!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! you can definitely do without the bathing suits from that time period, but yeah, it would probably be nice for you and some friends to go and let your hair done and be completely oblivious to everyone else.

Gretchen said...

I don't have that many female friends. Never did and can't picture myself ever having it.

I've looked at scrapbooks my MIL has from that era and she has photos of her and a bunch of other girls together on the beach, so I guess it's how it use to be.

Skye said...

I think I recall seeing a movie where the main chacather got stuck in the black n white era. He somehow introduces everyone to color. I can't imagne Life w/o all the different virbrant hues.

Nikki Moore said...

i'v never been one for the girls-only times either. things get out of hand...you need to have guys there to keep everyone sane and relatively normal. I think the suits are cute...but never would i wear one

coffee...is SO good. i'm on my 2nd cup this morning already. filled with cream till it's white. and tons of sugar. so i guess it doesn't really taste like coffee anymore.

The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Regarding the girly group thing:

I adore the very small handful of genuine women friends I have.

Thing is, women need to be secure to be friends with other women, if they're insecure, they can turn into raging bitches to the point where you would want to become a hermit. But women friends who are cool are the very best.

It seems with guys, more often than not they harbor hopes of getting laid eventually. Which can be such a pain in the ass to deal with.

Hmmm...this might be a good topic to blog on...

Best,
Andrea