Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Home Fuel Prices To Jump

Ok, so there has never been a better time to cuddle up with the one ya love. If it's gonna be cold we'll proably have an increase in the birth rate come Spring and Summer.Those of you who can remember the "Ice Storms" of a few winters back, all you need is some thermals, extra socks and a ski hat, several scarfs, sweaters and one big coat. Mind you it is hard to do any thing all bundled up but hey you're warm aren't ya! You can forget going out and sitting in the car to keep warm, I know I can't afford to run that engine just cause the radio has better reception than the house stereo. My brilliant idea of a month ago was to have the Landlord shut off the steam heater in the apartment. We have three PC in here and they generate enough heat w/o that heater behind me always going "Phssss" to everything I say. Although once in awhile I'd convince myself that it was one of those water landscape bubbling and trickling and it would be so soothing to fall asleep to , until the Landlord came up and said it was leaking down to the apartment below us.
That's where I reminded him he never came back to fix it from when it blew the valve off one night and steam was shooting every where. All I could think to do was grab out a few of my dry clean clothes and stand there holding them letting the steam clean them. My roommate goes ,"Do something.". I am I said, can't you see I'm saving money! I'm going to get the Landlord he says, Hold on a minute, I got two more jackets to clean." Well by the time he got the Landlord the steam was over and my clothes were so nice and pressed. He comes in all worried and behaving like some cartoon character wringing his hands and I'm sitting there like ,"Oh, Hi it's nice to see you, How's you're wife?" So I get accused of breaking the heater valve, at which point I say sorry no, look at it , the heat melted the stem that holds the valve on there. (I do know that at a certain temperature metal will melt) and my chemical sign is FU.!! Brilliant Rocket Scientist Landlord goes and picks up the valve, (if you would like audio insert a very loud scream here.) "That's hot! "No really, can I hold it, I've always liked hot drippy metal things burning a hole in my hand. Why do you think I had the pot holder there!!! So, he goes and does something and forgets to ever come back til one night the heater is leaking down stairs, which he thought he was gonna blame on us. Everything happens on a Tuesday around here. I had decided not to go to pool so he wasn't counting on anyone but the one roommate being here. The Pittbull in me came out, and I reminded him he never came back to fix the heater. The good thing about working outside at night is when you do get inside it feels warm , even though everyone else is sitting there all bundle up, as long as my feet are warm I'm ok. My feet, my nose and my boobs are good indicators of how cold it is outside.Then there's this pre-menapausal thing, I should go live in Alaska, maybe not though, I'd melt an igloo in no time flat. My poor co-worker will be all bundle up and I've got my head out the window like a dog going to the park. Once, I heard this noise, I look over at him,"Are you making that noise?" "Yeah, I'm cold and my teeth are chattering. There's something wrong with you, if you're always cold you're not getting enough iron." Nevermind that is was about 40 out side. This subject always leads me to , and if you'd work at the pace that I do you'd never be cold. There's this one place we go that the radio reception is awful so all we can get is the Radio Disney or the Spanish station that has that hysterical program. I don't care for it because I don't like people yelling unless it's FIRE get out of the Building! He dislikes the RadioDisney, and I'm not putting the radio on talk programs. If any of you have ever listen to RadioDisney, the first hour is informative, but after that it's replayed over ad over right into the next night. I guess my helper thinks I'm just you're average dumb blonde, but see I know better it's #613 brundry red. I caught him singing the other night ,"I'm Mister Lonely" , Hey that's good I tell him do you do request? Then my song comes on just like clock work 5:25 a.m. it's the Hamster Dance. I can't help it when this song goes on I begin working like crazy, the bags are a flying the boxes are a movin, "I want my MTV". Mova mova. Money for nuthin and you're chicks for free." Well, now I have got to get ready to go to $4.bucks and get my coffee. As that one song says , "I got to break away", or I like this one, "Life is a Highway"

3 comments:

Mickity said...

What is it with landlords....they all seem to suffer from the stupid virus....and yet we pay them money? Hmmm.....

Spider Girl said...

When I was a kid, I thought my parents were cheap when they said "Put on a cardigan" instead of putting on the heat.

Now I'm thinking, "I'm so glad I'm used to a cold house."

As long as the bathroom stays warm, it's okay. :)

Skye said...

;.} Exactly, Thanks for stopping by Spider Girl.