Tuesday, November 08, 2005

47 More Days til Christmas!

I was reading over in the Atlanta Journal this morning after I came back from voting. I got up and went and voted thought I'd be the first one there, Ha! There were four more ahead of me. Guess I'm not an early bird after all. I checked in with the first set of people to get my ballot, and one of the persons made the comment that all women live in my apartment building! It didn't hit me until after I had finished voting but I find that sort of comment distrubing. I explained to the person that that building is reknown for hosting Opera stars, Ballet performers and other persons in the Arts . Finally I get my ballot and begin to vote. I will talk more about this after 7P.M. tonight. I go to turn it in and the ballot machine is not working at 7:15 A.M. already there's a problem. They say I can try or I can put it in the slot. I say, "Is a Humanoid going to count these votes by hand?" "Yes". "Ok as long as Bush isn't re-elected, I guess it'll be ok."*********** Christmas already*** Two weeks ago I watched as Christmas trees slowly began to emerge from the secrect dark closets of the retail stores neeked. The next night there they were in all their splendore and glory beaming to the world as if they were lighthouses. I had already mentioned to my co-worker that real soon the Christmas tree lots would be going up and the trucks would start rolling in loaded with trees. He just laughed,yeah right. The next night there they were. As if it were some big shocking surprise he remarks."Look! Christmas trees and they're all decorated!" I think this is one of the reasons I decided that I didn't like working retail the managers rush seasons and no sooner than I'd get one display set up they'd want to move it and put up seasonal display. Then one time I worked at a floral and plant company we got to decorate the Embaradero with pointessa's OMG! That's proably why I won't buy one and they are posionious to cats as well as misteltoe. Then there's the year we had to decorate twenty five Christmas trees. Talk about Lightmares! What a tangled mess that was, but we got it done just the two of us. My friend told me she saw white spots for days. Last Friday, I saw a tractor pulling one of those boxes that people use as an office, I told my friend that's going over near your poolhall for a Christmas tree lot. She comes home that night and tells me I was right on the money. Well! I guess real soon I'll need to try on swimsuits!!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Let the craziness begin. Can you believe it, the year is almost gone. Zip...to where?

Beth said...

thank you for voting. thank you.

Waldo said...

Heehee, lightmares.