Monday, November 28, 2005

That's my birthday song to me.

Truckin' that's my birthday song to me, I look forward to days off but god do I get cranky, bitchy and down right "Goatheaded" when eight hours before going back on duty. Andrea swears I'm on a perement pms. No, it's that I hate having to work for money. I feel that since I was once a princess that my allotement should never have run out. However I gave up that tittle when I was four and my Mom and Dad went separate ways. I don't blame him for spending the rent money on a race car even if he didn't know diddly about racing,. He built me a great go-cart using the old lawn mower , so what if he forgot to take the blades off and there was no brakes. And then, there was the time I was convined I was the daughter of Rhett Butler and Scarlet O'Hara because my Daddy bought me a pony. Ok , so it was a race horse that hated racing. He got her for a real sweet deal. Well going to ride her was soon to come to an end when she threw "Bonnie Blue Eyes " off and I cracked my skull. It wasn't long after that episode that his visiting rights came to an end. The day my Daddy let me hold a ferral simense cat. Yep, it sunk it's fangs into my left wrist and he had to rush me to the emergency room. I felt bad for Daddy, the poor guy, he had to explain to my Mom why I was about to get rabies shots. Of course after the phone call to the woman who gave Joan Crawford acting lessons, the nurse returns to say the shots won't be necessary. My Mom had just had to take me to the emergency room because I fell off the side of the house they were building next to us , it was a split level, so I had just recently had a tentius shot for scraping most of my ankle off. But we won't mention that, that never happened. Sometimes I know I'm my Dad, I do some of the most craziest insane things but they are to make others happy at whatever the outcome to me. I miss you Daddy.

6 comments:

The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Darling, I am so relieved you survived that childhood to bless us with our presence! Albeit online!

Neo said...

Sky -Wow, and I thought I had some oopsies!

LOL

I'm laughing with you, not at you! :)

JM said...

Sounds like your Daddy tried to do everything to ensure your happiness--even though you ended up in the emergency room so much. With that much E.R. experience, why didn't you go into the healthcare field?

Skye said...

HA! That's the last place you'd want me to be.Ha, ha! Althought I did think about becomeing a Vet.

Susan said...

Work, work and work for what? To pay more crap bills and get really no where.

Skye said...

That's about the size of it huh, blogdreamz.