Friday, November 25, 2005

The Big Shopping Day.

Oh last night at work was too much fun. Everywhere we went at 2 a.m. there were people waiting in line , you could almost hear them chanting"Open Open". Being the good sport that I am I gave a couple of short supportive blast on the air horn. Yes from atop of the freeway overpass we salute you, the brave that have adopted the USPS creed, "No rain, sleet or snow will keep us from spending our dough". I wonder if shoppers have a fighting song; "This mall is your mall this mall is my mall from California to the New York Islands from the Redwood Forest to the Gulf Stream waters this mall was made for you and me. As I was driving that ribbon of highway I saw above me the endless neon signs I saw below me the valley of parking lots this mall was made for you and me. I roamed and rambled until I found a spot that I couldn't quite fit into squeezing out the window I followed the footsteps that lead to the sparkling racks of dicounted merchandise then to the diamond displays that glisten and gleemed this mall was made for you and me"... Well I don't think Woody Gruthrie had that in mind at all. I had to work early Thanksgiving morning, I noticed a trend that was going on, men were at the grocery stores asking the poor sales people all sorts of questions. I felt for her as she rapidly fired off the answers without ever blinking. "Where's the balsic vinager? " Aisle four , "Where is the ....." I was only in the store long enough to get a soda and get back into traffic. There is not , "NOT" enough money in the world to get me to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, besides there's nothing I want "That" bad. My mother took me shopping with her one year after Thanksgivng it has left me emotionally scarred. Those nice women any other day of the week transform into something that even the creature from the Black Lagoon would dissaprove of their behavior. It was two hours later before my mother found me again to a five year old that's a very long time. I was hiding in the cabinet under neath the towels display. If your one of those shop til you drop shoppers I wish you a nice hot foot bath when you get home. I made my purchases before getting home this morning, alka-selser a bottle of oj and some vodka. It's raining here at this post time, so I'm going to take advantage of it and go to bed while it's good good good sleeping weather. I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.

6 comments:

Jinsane said...

That Largest Shopping Day O' The Year! Forget it! I would rather stick a needle in my eye. Those women are downright nuts! (Even Crazier Than Me! LOL)

Hope you had a good snooze!

Skye said...

Thanks I just woke back up not rainning now I might go outside.

JM said...

shopping the day of and the day after Thanksgiving has always been one of my nightmares. I refuse to battle the crowds for a gift or item that I don't really want that badly.

Wendy C. said...

Taxi to the mall: $17.85

Bath towel warmer for Grandma: $22.95

Alka-seltzer, bottle of oj and some vodka at the end of Black Friday: Priceless!

Crystal said...

Shopping is fun! The only bad thing about "Black Friday" is waking up so early, and generally all the good deals are gone in 30min flat.

Neo said...

Sky -Thanks, now I got that song stuck in my head!